Resources for Undergraduate Students
Welcome CFANS students! Below is information to help you complete your degree, get help, get involved, and more. If you don't find what you're looking for or have questions, contact the CFANS Student Services Office.
Support and Services for CFANS Students
- Majors and Minors list (with links to curriculum guides)
- Forms online: file a petition, change or declare your major, and much more
- Academic policies
- Graduation, commencement and degree clearance info
- Advising overview
- Career and Internship Services office: get help online or in person with job searches, interviews, resumes and more.
- Second-Year Experience Program: special resources and advice for undergrads in their second year at the U of M.
- Other resources: a handy compilation of links to counseling, help centers, health care options, tutoring, campus facilities and more.
- CFANS Computer Labs
- Laptop checkout
- Software for Students
- Learn more about the University's computer labs and technology
- CFANS Grand Challenge Curriculum
- Research options
- Study abroad: we have programs specific to CFANS majors. Study abroad for a few weeks, a semester, or year.
- Internships: advice and resources
- CFANS Mentor Program
- University Honors Program
- CFANS Experiential and Interdisciplinary Learning Requirements
- CFANS Dean's List
Scholarships and Aid
- CFANS Academic-Year Scholarships: CFANS offers scholarships to hundreds of students each year. Apply!
- Other CFANS scholarships and grants
- External scholarships: we compile a list of scholarships open to students studying CFANS-related topics.
- Other types of financial aid
Activities and Ways to Get Involved
- CFANS Student Groups: see a list of clubs and organizations affiliated with CFANS majors.
- Student activities and opportunities compiled
- Multicultural Student Programs: connect with the CFANS Office for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Request appearance for Dean’s participation: complete this form if your student group has an event you'd like the Dean to attend.