CFANS Mentor Program
Brought to you by the CFANS Alumni Society
Each year, the CFANS Mentor Program, hosted by the CFANS Alumni Society, matches approximately 200 students and post-docs with alumni and industry professionals who share valuable career insights and guidance. Through this award-winning program, students and post-docs explore possible career paths, learn how to build their professional networks, and enhance their professional skills.
The CFANS Mentor Program welcomes all enrolled students (undergrad, grad and post-doc) and professionals (alumni and non-alumni) of CFANS related fields to apply. All applicants are intentionally matched to help mentees achieve their professional goals led by the experience and wisdom of their mentor. As a mentor-mentee pair, participants will;
- connect with their mentor/mentee once per month for at least one hour (November-May)
- maintain regular communication between meetings
- identify goals for the student or post-docs' career exploration
- participate in a job-shadow hosted or arranged by the mentor
Mentoring in this program happens across many fields including;
- Animal Science
- Plant Science
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Agricultural and Food Business Management
- Fisheries, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology
- Agricultural and Environmental Education
- And more
Interested in finding a mentor or serving as a mentor? Apply here by September 24, 2018.
Already a mentor? Update your mentor profile.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.