Transfer Credits

The links below will help you understand how courses transfer to the University of Minnesota. Course equivalencies are reviewed regularly and are subject to change.

Transfer Equivalencies Resources

  • Transferology
    Transferology will allow you to enter the courses you’ve taken at other institutions and see how they transfer to the University of Minnesota. You will need to create a free account to use this site. Not all math, physics, and chemistry courses have been entered into Transferology. For these courses, we recommend using the CSE Course Equivalency Guides linked below.

  • Liberal Education Transfer Guides
    Use these guides to view our Liberal Education requirements and see if your courses may transfer to meet these requirements. All students at the U of M are required to complete the Liberal Education requirements to ensure a well-rounded education. At other institutions, you may know similar requirements as general education or goal area requirements. These guides list courses that have previously been transferred. Additional transfer courses will be evaluated after you are admitted to the university.

  • CSE Course Equivalency Guides
    Use these tables from the College of Science and Engineering to see how chemistry, math, and physics courses may transfer. 

  • Office of Admissions Transfer Credit Information
    You can view details about AP/IB/CLEP credits, transfer of military credits, the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum, and your transfer credit report through the Office of Admissions transfer credit website.

Don’t see your course using the guides above? Submit your course for review! More information about Transfer Credit Evaluations can be found here.

If you’re thinking of transferring to CFANS but have not yet applied, make sure to learn more about our admission requirements and information sessions.