For appointments, call 612-301-2389
I am from Steubenville Ohio, the Steel Valley, Go Steelers!! I received my BS in Political Science and M.ED in Higher Education Administration from Kent State University. I enjoy assisting students with their overall academic and personal development and believe that it is important to support and challenge students as they persist through graduation.
I have worked in student services for almost 30 years in various positions, e.g. admissions, advising, housing, Coordinator for Students with Disabilities and 17 years as an academic advisor for students. I previously worked at Oberlin College, St. Catherine University, Hamline University, Carleton College, and Concordia University. I advise approximately 260 students. I also co-developed and co-taught a freshman leadership program in CFANS called Dean Engaged Leaders for four years.
I enjoy reading, community engagement, family, and watching waves roll in and out.
- Presented workshop at ACPA 2015 National Conference titled; "Intrusive Advising should be for All Freshman students not just students At Risk"
- Presented workshop at MCPA 2015 conference "Intrusive Advising should be for All Freshman students not just students At Risk"
- Trained in the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI)
- Distinguished Academic (P&A) Staff Award 2010
- Attended several University of Minnesota AAN professional development workshops
- OED Certificate Workshop: Communicating on Issues of Equity and Diversity
- Supporting Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Non-Apparent Disabilities
- Teaching with Intention: Facilitating Challenging Classroom Conservation
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion: Equal Opportunity in Employment and Education