CFANS Speed Networking
Speed Networking is a great opportunity for successful graduates and professionals from around the Twin Cities to meet and share their career experiences with current students. Scroll down to learn about the professionals who will be attending!
When: Thursday February 26, 2015
5:30-6pm - Check-in, light dinner, and informal networking in the Cargill atrium
6-7:30pm - Speed Networking Program
Where: Cargill Building, 1500 Gortner Ave., St. Paul, MN 55108
Refreshments from Qdoba will be provided.
Students: Perfect your networking skills by practicing with alumni and industry professionals and learning about their careers! Professionals from a variety of CFANS disciplines are invited to participate in the event, so you will be able to have conversations with those alumni in career paths that most interest you.
Alumni/Professionals: Help students get the hang of networking by sharing information about your career path, learning about their interests, and offering advice!
What is speed networking?
Think speed dating with a professional twist. The speed networking program is divided into six 10-minute sessions. Groups of 2-4 students will join a professional at their table to introduce themselves, talk about their career interests, ask questions, and get advice. Every 10 minutes, the students will move to a different professional for another round of networking. Students will receive information about the professionals in attendance prior to the event.
Event co-sponsored by CFANS Alumni Society and the CFANS Student Board.
Questions? Contact Masha Finn at email@example.com or 612.624.9957.
CFANS Alumni & Professionals who will be attending:
- Andrew Morrison
- Independent Contracting, University of Minnesota - B.S. Environmental Science, Policy and Management '14
- Hannah Jastram
- Communications Associate, University of Minnesota Extension - B.S. Nutrition & Dietetics '10
- Kevin Plante
- Coordinator, MN Farmer Assistance Network, Minnesota Department of Agriculture - B.S. Agricultural Education '86
- Jim Boerboom
- Deputy Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Agriculture - B.S. Ag Education '73, M.A. Ag Education '77
- Jennefer Klennert
- Principal Consultant, Foth Infrastructure & Environment LLC - B.S. Environmental Science '95
- Heather Nelson
- Food Operations Manager, Sodexo - B.S. Nutrition '10
- Pedro Urriola
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota - M.S. Animal Science '07
- Dennis Fallon
- Vegetation Management Supervisor, Xcel Energy - B.S. Urban and Community Forestry with Minor in Forest Resources '96, M.S. Forestry '06
- Amanda Durow
- Credit Officer, CoBank - B.S. Animal Science '09
- Karl Thorson
- Food Safety and Sanitation Manager, General Mills - B.S. Food Science '97
- Luke Nichols
- Graduate Studies in Landscape Architecture, UMN - B.S. Environmental Science, Policy and Management '12
- Daniel Kennedy
- Global Key Account Director, DuPont - B.S. Nutrition and Dietetics '99
- Susan Reed
- Sr. Food Scientist, Land O'Lakes - B.A. Microbiology, M.S. Food Science, MBA '89
- Kristan Maccaroni
- Fisheries Specialist, MN Department of Natural Resources - B.S. Fisheries and Wildlife '09
- Mara Gordon
- Recruiter, Land O'Lakes - B.A. Agribusiness and Applied Economics
- Marcus Zbinden
- Environmental Specialist, Carver County Environment Services - M.A. Liberal Studies '00
- Mike Bartusch
- Wheat Merchandiser, The Scoular Company - B.S. Bio-Based Marketing and Management '09
- Joanna Henning
- Packaging Buyer, Land O'Lakes - B.S. Applied Economics '11
- Kevin Hennessy
- Bioenergy Manager, Minnesota Department of Agriculture - M. S. Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering '09
- Monica Rauchwarter
- Interpretive Naturalist, Three Rivers Park District
- Bob Olsen
- Agribusiness Sales Consultant, Self-employed - B.S. Agronomy '79
- Andrew McBride
- Vendor Liasion - Dairy Foods, Land O'Lakes - B.S. Agricultural and Food Business Management '12
- Michael Reed
- Environmental Health Specialist, Ramsey County