Siehl Prize Nominations
Who can be nominated?
The nominee(s) must currently reside or must have resided in Minnesota for at least five years or hold a degree from the University of Minnesota.
The nomination should be submitted in one of three categories: knowledge (teaching, research and outreach); production agriculture; or agribusiness.
Who may nominate?
Citizens of all nations are invited to nominate living individuals or teams who exemplify the ideals expressed by the Siehl Prize. Self-nominations and nominations of relatives will not be accepted.
What are the components of a nomination?
- Nomination form
- Letter of nomination (no more than two pages)
- List of achievements including a concise description of each discovery, improvement, concept or contribution, a description of how each was accomplished and note of any significant involvement (no more than three pages)
- Nominee’s resume or curriculum vitae (no more than two pages)
- Up to four letters of support (in addition to the letter of nomination)
- For a team nomination the above requirements are the same except biographical information on each team member is required
When is the deadline?
*Note: Prizes will not be awarded in 2017, watch for details for upcoming enhancements to the program.
When will the decision be announced?
Award winners will be publicly announced during National Agriculture Week.
For further information, please call 612-624-1234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.