FFA takes campus by storm
The 89th annual State FFA Convention was held April 22-24 at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, with CFANS as a home base. Nearly 3,600 high school students from across Minnesota came to campus for a program that included career development events, awards and the election of new officers for the statewide organization. A sea of blue jackets could be found on both the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses as students participated in competitions, workshops, business sessions and tours of the campuses. Participants made key connections with agriculture and CFANS leaders.
At the final convention session, the 2018-19 Minnesota State Officers were elected to represent the more than 10,000 FFA members in the state. Elected at the final session, with incoming CFANS students bolded, were:
- President: Grace Taylor, Randolph FFA Chapter
- Vice President: Kegan Zimmerman, Red Rock FFA Chapter
- Secretary: Laura Church, Randolph FFA Chapter
- Treasurer: Adam Kroll, Pierz FFA Chapter
- Reporter: Lauralee Eaton, Pine Island FFA Chapter
- Sentinel: James Mathiowetz, Belle Plaine FFA Chapter
Outgoing state officers included current CFANS students Emily Pliscott and Katie Benson. Visit the Minnesota FFA Association website for a list of all who were honored during the convention.