CFANS Student Emergency Fund
We know that students sometimes encounter unforeseen catastrophic events which can create financial emergencies. In response, thanks to generous donations from alumni and friends of CFANS, the college has created a Student Emergency Fund to assist students by providing financial assistance funds in times of crisis. These funds do not need to be repaid and are intended to help students meet unforeseen financial emergencies that might otherwise prevent them from continuing their education.
We understand that every student’s situation is unique and each request will be considered carefully and confidentiality. In general, for those students who qualify for emergency funds, the funding will range from $50 to $500 per request and will be deposited into the student's university student account for disbursement. The number of students who can be served by the Student Emergency Fund depends on the availability of funds and the urgency of the situation.
Examples of expenses generally covered by the Student Emergency Fund, including but not limited to:
- Purchase of a bus pass for a commuter student whose vehicle was damaged beyond repair in an accident and not functioning
- Replacement of books or other essential academic equipment due to theft, fire, or other disaster
- Travel-related costs related to death or illness of an immediate family member; e.g. parent, brother, sister
Expenses generally NOT covered by the Student Emergency Fund:
- Tuition, fees, study abroad, insurance
- Parking tickets or other fines
- Entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel
- Non-essential household or personal expenses
- Must be enrolled and in good academic standing at the time of application for emergency funds
- Applicant must have an immediate financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident or other unexpected event
- Must meet eligibility criteria for financial aid and scholarships to receive emergency funds
- Preference will be given to those students who have completed at least one semester successfully
If you are currently receiving financial aid, please be aware that receiving funding from the Emergency Fund may affect your financial aid package. Applications for emergency funds will be reviewed quickly and, if approved, every attempt will be made to disburse the funds in a timely manner.