CFANS students receive President's Student Leadership and Service Awards
Four graduate students and four undergraduate CFANS students were awarded the President’s Student Leadership and Service Award (PSLSA). This award recognizes the accomplishments and contributions of outstanding student leaders at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. It is presented to approximately one-tenth of one percent of the student body for their exceptional leadership and service to the University of Minnesota and the surrounding community. The PSLSA recipients are:
- Tyler Nigon - Land and Atmospheric Science
- Morrine Omolo - Food Science
- Amanda Sames - Conservation Science
- Peng Peng - Bioproducts and Biosystems Science Engineering and Management
- Shantal Pai - Plant Science
- Joseph Ramstad - Agricultural Education and Agricultural Communication/Marketing
- Luc Zeidner - Plant Science
- Elizabeth Alonzi - Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering
In addition, two students were advanced for further award consideration.Morrine Omolo was a candidate for the Mary A. McEvoy Award for Public Engagement, which is presented to graduate and professional students who display leadership and public engagement above and beyond their normal duties and responsibilities. Shantal Pai was a candidate for the James A. Johnson Scholarship Award, which is presented undergraduate students who are actively engaged with the University community, especially with an interest in politics and public service.
Congratulations to all the award recipients. This is truly an honor for them, and we are lucky to have such driven students representing CFANS.