CFANS Student Ambassadors
Who are the CFANS Ambassadors and what do they do?
The CFANS Ambassadors are CFANS undergraduate students who are passionate about CFANS and sharing their experiences with others. These volunteer students are energetic, dedicated, and knowledgeable as they represent CFANS and the U of M.
Ambassadors are involved with CFANS recruitment, retention, diversity, advancement, and alumni activities. Ambassador activities include, but are not limited to:
- Give campus tours to prospective students and families
- Prospective student outreach and follow-up
- Student panel participation
- Meet with alumni and donors
- Engage with CFANS community at various special events
- Community outreach throughout the Twin Cities
We are also hiring a CFANS Ambassador Student Coordinator.
If you are interested in being our student coordinator, please fill out the online application and indicate your interest on the form. You will also need to submit a cover letter with your application.
Preferred work study. 8-12 hours per week (in addition to the 8-10 hours per month required of all CFANS Ambassadors). This position will be through the academic year. $10-12 per hour.
- Coordinate ambassador meetings and retreats
- Communicate regularly with advisors, touch base
- Maintain ambassador listserv and calendar of events and activities
- Plan events and activities for ambassadors
- Track ambassador participation
- Provide leadership structure for student committees and student volunteers
- Coordinate ambassador efforts for various group responsibilities/activities
- Work with advisors to provide updates to stakeholder groups
What are the benefits of being a CFANS Ambassador?
There are many! You'll have fun and make friendships with other enthusiastic CFANS students. You'll have a positive impact on students considering the U of M nd alumni and donors in the CFANS community. You'll develop leadership skills, public speaking skills, and a volunteer experience that's valuable for your resume. You'll also grow a strong network within the CFANS, University, and Minnesota communities.
What is the time commitment?
Your involvement is an annual commitment that takes place during fall and spring semesters. There will be an opportunity for renewal in the group each year. The time commitment is about 8–10 hours per month, plus special events. Mandatory meetings are held once each month during the academic year.
How do I learn more? How do I join?
Fill out the online application if you are interested in joining CFANS Ambassadors. If you have questions, please contact the advisors listed below.
CFANS Freshman Admissions Counselor
198 Coffey Hall
Joseph Ballard II
CFANS Coordinator for Diversity Retention and Recruitment
190 Coffey Hall
CFANS Alumni & Constituent Engagement Coordinator
190 Coffey Hall
CFANS Ambassadors occasionally host info sessions or have info tables at U of M resource fairs. Applications to join are typically accepted each spring semester and are announced in the CFANS Student News.
You can also check out the CFANS Ambassadors on Facebook.