Swanson awarded Nelson Scholarship
Nutrition student Kristina Swanson was named a recipient of the Nelson Scholarship, announced at the 2017 Minnesota Association of Meat Processors (MAMP) Annual Convention in St. Cloud.
Kristina, who anticipates graduating in the fall, hopes to continue her Nutrition studies with a Dietetic Internship in the future. She was a student-athlete on the rowing team for first two years of school at the University of Minnesota, and also took a position as a nutrition services aide at St. Joseph's Hospital.
Currently, she works as a nutrition intern for the Gopher football team, where she enjoys educating players on food and how they can use it to fuel their bodies. Dedicated to her work and studies, Kristina pushes herself to work 30 hours per week on top of a full course load while maintaining a 3.3 GPA.
The Nelson Scholarship is named in honor of Pete Nelson, who served the University of Minnesota as the Supervisor of Andrew Boss Laboratory of Meat Science from 2007 to 2013. In honor of Pete Nelson, the Minnesota Association of Meat Processors offers two scholarships to students currently enrolled as either an undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Minnesota in the Department of Animal Science or the Department of Food Science and Nutrition.
- New Bell Museum features bird-safe glass windows
- Shurson '81 takes IAS message to Asia
- Professor David Baumler, the red-hot chili pepper expert
- Former FSCN Department Head Busta '61 receives IFT Myron Solberg Award
- Weiblen earns President's Community-Engaged Scholar Award
- Water Resources Science students and faculty share research progress
- Swanson awarded Nelson Scholarship
- Food Science and Nutrition hosts Entrepreneurship Panel and Research Poster Showcase
- Dairy Product Evaluation Team has strong showing
- CFANS welcomes new head of Entomology
- Ag Awareness Day draws thousands to Northrop Mall
- Alumni and students celebrate 101st Minnesota Royal
- U of M National Agri-Marketing Association Places 4th at National Competition
- FFAers go “All In” on St. Paul campus and beyond
- Registration open for Gopher Dairy Camp
- Did you know?
- Alumni Spotlight: Emily Jerve '00
- First Animal Science Showcase honors Lindemann '77 '81
- Kreeger '88 elected Lifetime Honorary Member of The Wildlife Society
- Rizzo '92 wins 2017 UC Davis Prize for Undergraduate Teaching and Scholarly Achievement
- Datica names Lindbergh '99 Chief Revenue Officer
- LeDee '05 '08 selected by Minnesota Climate Adaptation Partnership to receive an Award for Climate Adaptation
- Baby Gopher: The Dornink Family
- Sjostrom '09 to speak at CFANS Commencement
- Baby Gopher: The Schwab Family
- In Memory of Roy Thompson '51 '57