Shurson '81 takes IAS message to Asia
Representatives from the U.S. Grains Council’s (USGC’s) office in Southeast Asia participated in two regional conferences in April to provide context, industry insights and actionable market intelligence to customers of U.S. agricultural commodities. Among those representatives was Dr. Jerry Shurson '81 (B.S. Animal Science), professor in the Department of Animal Science. As trade in food and feed ingredients continues to increase to meet rising demand, risks and opportunities will also invariably increase, making this one-to-one outreach and the information USGC can provide even more valuable.
The Council showcased U.S. coarse grains and value-added products through a tradeshow booth as well as a one-hour seminar. The USGC-organized seminar attracted more than 60 participants and featured Dr. Jerry Shurson speaking on distiller’s dried grains.
This event allows USGC to promote U.S. grains and value-added products to meet the increasing demand for Southeast Asia’s ever-growing livestock sector. Find more information about the USGC or this conference here.
- New Bell Museum features bird-safe glass windows
- Shurson '81 takes IAS message to Asia
- Professor David Baumler, the red-hot chili pepper expert
- Former FSCN Department Head Busta '61 receives IFT Myron Solberg Award
- Weiblen earns President's Community-Engaged Scholar Award
- Water Resources Science students and faculty share research progress
- Swanson awarded Nelson Scholarship
- Food Science and Nutrition hosts Entrepreneurship Panel and Research Poster Showcase
- Dairy Product Evaluation Team has strong showing
- CFANS welcomes new head of Entomology
- Ag Awareness Day draws thousands to Northrop Mall
- Alumni and students celebrate 101st Minnesota Royal
- U of M National Agri-Marketing Association Places 4th at National Competition
- FFAers go “All In” on St. Paul campus and beyond
- Registration open for Gopher Dairy Camp
- Did you know?
- Alumni Spotlight: Emily Jerve '00
- First Animal Science Showcase honors Lindemann '77 '81
- Kreeger '88 elected Lifetime Honorary Member of The Wildlife Society
- Rizzo '92 wins 2017 UC Davis Prize for Undergraduate Teaching and Scholarly Achievement
- Datica names Lindbergh '99 Chief Revenue Officer
- LeDee '05 '08 selected by Minnesota Climate Adaptation Partnership to receive an Award for Climate Adaptation
- Baby Gopher: The Dornink Family
- Sjostrom '09 to speak at CFANS Commencement
- Baby Gopher: The Schwab Family
- In Memory of Roy Thompson '51 '57