Former FSCN Department Head Busta '61 Receives IFT Myron Solberg Award
Former department head and professor Frank Busta '61 (M.S. Dairy Science) was recently named the recipient of the International Food Technologists (IFT) Myron Solberg Award. The award honors an IFT member for providing leadership in the establishment and successful development and continuation of industry/government/academia cooperative organization.
Busta was selected because of his leadership in the establishment, successful development, and continuation of the National Center for Food Protection and Defense and its continuation as the Food Protection and Defense Institute at the University of Minnesota. This organization illustrates sustained collaboration among industry, government, and academic parties to develop and disseminate information as appropriate to defend the safety of the food system through research and education.
He will receive a $3,000 honorarium and a plaque from the Myron Solberg Endowment Fund of Feeding Tomorrow.
- New Bell Museum features bird-safe glass windows
- Shurson '81 takes IAS message to Asia
- Professor David Baumler, the red-hot chili pepper expert
- Former FSCN Department Head Busta '61 receives IFT Myron Solberg Award
- Weiblen earns President's Community-Engaged Scholar Award
- Water Resources Science students and faculty share research progress
- Swanson awarded Nelson Scholarship
- Food Science and Nutrition hosts Entrepreneurship Panel and Research Poster Showcase
- Dairy Product Evaluation Team has strong showing
- CFANS welcomes new head of Entomology
- Ag Awareness Day draws thousands to Northrop Mall
- Alumni and students celebrate 101st Minnesota Royal
- U of M National Agri-Marketing Association Places 4th at National Competition
- FFAers go “All In” on St. Paul campus and beyond
- Registration open for Gopher Dairy Camp
- Did you know?
- Alumni Spotlight: Emily Jerve '00
- First Animal Science Showcase honors Lindemann '77 '81
- Kreeger '88 elected Lifetime Honorary Member of The Wildlife Society
- Rizzo '92 wins 2017 UC Davis Prize for Undergraduate Teaching and Scholarly Achievement
- Datica names Lindbergh '99 Chief Revenue Officer
- LeDee '05 '08 selected by Minnesota Climate Adaptation Partnership to receive an Award for Climate Adaptation
- Baby Gopher: The Dornink Family
- Sjostrom '09 to speak at CFANS Commencement
- Baby Gopher: The Schwab Family
- In Memory of Roy Thompson '51 '57