Dairy Product Evaluation Team has strong showing
The dairy product evaluation team led by Professor Tonya Schoenfuss competed at the 95th Collegiate Dairy Product Evaluation Contest, held in Madison, Wisconsin, on April 12. Over 14 universities took part in the event.
Both undergraduate and graduate students from the department competed. The undergrad team consisted of Carmen Owen-Block, Emily Petterson and Billy Kalil. As a team, they came in 7th overall and finished 4th in ice cream. Individually, Billy Kalil placed 2nd in cheddar cheese.
The graduate students participating were Madeline Brandt and Alexandra Kuechel. Maddie placed 3rd place overall, while Alex finished right behind in 4th place overall out of the 13 participants. Individually, Maddie was 2nd in ice cream and 3rd in milk and cheddar cheese, while Alex took first place in cheddar cheese.
- New Bell Museum features bird-safe glass windows
- Shurson '81 takes IAS message to Asia
- Professor David Baumler, the red-hot chili pepper expert
- Former FSCN Department Head Busta '61 receives IFT Myron Solberg Award
- Weiblen earns President's Community-Engaged Scholar Award
- Water Resources Science students and faculty share research progress
- Swanson awarded Nelson Scholarship
- Food Science and Nutrition hosts Entrepreneurship Panel and Research Poster Showcase
- Dairy Product Evaluation Team has strong showing
- CFANS welcomes new head of Entomology
- Ag Awareness Day draws thousands to Northrop Mall
- Alumni and students celebrate 101st Minnesota Royal
- U of M National Agri-Marketing Association Places 4th at National Competition
- FFAers go “All In” on St. Paul campus and beyond
- Registration open for Gopher Dairy Camp
- Did you know?
- Alumni Spotlight: Emily Jerve '00
- First Animal Science Showcase honors Lindemann '77 '81
- Kreeger '88 elected Lifetime Honorary Member of The Wildlife Society
- Rizzo '92 wins 2017 UC Davis Prize for Undergraduate Teaching and Scholarly Achievement
- Datica names Lindbergh '99 Chief Revenue Officer
- LeDee '05 '08 selected by Minnesota Climate Adaptation Partnership to receive an Award for Climate Adaptation
- Baby Gopher: The Dornink Family
- Sjostrom '09 to speak at CFANS Commencement
- Baby Gopher: The Schwab Family
- In Memory of Roy Thompson '51 '57