Support CFANS with a call to your legislator
The support of the Minnesota Legislature is a critical component in our overall funding. This year we are faced with a significant challenge. The University is requesting a biennial total of $68.2 million in core funding to support research, education and outreach. This funding from the state represents the second largest portion of CFANS’ funding resources. The Legislature has, on a preliminary basis, chosen to fund approximately just 20 percent of the 2018/2019 request. The lack of state support will translate to increased tuition expense for our students and decreased opportunities for research from our world-class educators and researchers.
CFANS supporters can help: Call or email your legislator and request that the legislature fund the University of Minnesota’s initial, Regent-approved request of $68.2 million to support the University's core mission and $7 million to support new operating costs and expanded hands-on, interactive programming, services, and outreach at the Bell Museum of Natural History. This funding is critical to delivering the land-grant mission of educating the next generation of Minnesotans and delivering knowledge to maintain our great Minnesota way of life.
The investment the state legislature makes this year in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Natural Resource Sciences, our Land-Grant institution, and the Bell Museum of Natural History will benefit the lives of Minnesotans now and for many generations. Click here to find your state legislator and here for additional information and resources on how you can support this important work.
- New Bell Museum features bird-safe glass windows
- Shurson '81 takes IAS message to Asia
- Professor David Baumler, the red-hot chili pepper expert
- Former FSCN Department Head Busta '61 receives IFT Myron Solberg Award
- Weiblen earns President's Community-Engaged Scholar Award
- Water Resources Science students and faculty share research progress
- Swanson awarded Nelson Scholarship
- Food Science and Nutrition hosts Entrepreneurship Panel and Research Poster Showcase
- Dairy Product Evaluation Team has strong showing
- CFANS welcomes new head of Entomology
- Ag Awareness Day draws thousands to Northrop Mall
- Alumni and students celebrate 101st Minnesota Royal
- U of M National Agri-Marketing Association Places 4th at National Competition
- FFAers go “All In” on St. Paul campus and beyond
- Registration open for Gopher Dairy Camp
- Did you know?
- Alumni Spotlight: Emily Jerve '00
- First Animal Science Showcase honors Lindemann '77 '81
- Kreeger '88 elected Lifetime Honorary Member of The Wildlife Society
- Rizzo '92 wins 2017 UC Davis Prize for Undergraduate Teaching and Scholarly Achievement
- Datica names Lindbergh '99 Chief Revenue Officer
- LeDee '05 '08 selected by Minnesota Climate Adaptation Partnership to receive an Award for Climate Adaptation
- Baby Gopher: The Dornink Family
- Sjostrom '09 to speak at CFANS Commencement
- Baby Gopher: The Schwab Family
- In Memory of Roy Thompson '51 '57