Ag Awareness Day draws thousands to Northrop Mall
Blue and sunny skies took care of an early spring snow to make for a perfect setting on the 8th Annual Ag Awareness Day, April 11, at Northrup Outdoor Plaza. The event drew 1,500 visitors to increase awareness of the work being done by CFANS students and partners and to learn more about what goes on at the St. Paul campus's CFANS labs and classroom. Each year the Agricultural Education Club brings the world of agriculture to the middle of Minneapolis and members are responsible for coordinating the event, which includes dozens of interactive booths, many featuring live animals such as calves, pigs, llamas, sheep, and goats...all well treated.
Participating organizations included Minnesota Farmers Union; Minnesota Pork Board; Minnesota Corn Growers; Minnesota Department of Agriculture; Cornercopia Student Organic Farm; Minnesota Soybean; Minnesota Lamb & Wool Producers; Minnesota Agricultural Water Resource Center; Minnesota 4-H; Minnesota Beef Council; Upper Midwest Agricultural Safety and Health; AURI; Migrant Farm Worked in the U.S.; Minnesota Wild Rice Council; Minnesota Canola Council; Southern Minnesota Sugar Beet Cooperative; Midwest Llama Association; and Midwest Dairy. Event leaders were Paige Hildebrandt and Haely Leiding (overall co-chairs), Megan Schulte (communication chair), Kayla Leiding (communication chair), and Amber Cafferty (education chair).
More images can be found here.
- New Bell Museum features bird-safe glass windows
- Shurson '81 takes IAS message to Asia
- Professor David Baumler, the red-hot chili pepper expert
- Former FSCN Department Head Busta '61 receives IFT Myron Solberg Award
- Weiblen earns President's Community-Engaged Scholar Award
- Water Resources Science students and faculty share research progress
- Swanson awarded Nelson Scholarship
- Food Science and Nutrition hosts Entrepreneurship Panel and Research Poster Showcase
- Dairy Product Evaluation Team has strong showing
- CFANS welcomes new head of Entomology
- Ag Awareness Day draws thousands to Northrop Mall
- Alumni and students celebrate 101st Minnesota Royal
- U of M National Agri-Marketing Association Places 4th at National Competition
- FFAers go “All In” on St. Paul campus and beyond
- Registration open for Gopher Dairy Camp
- Did you know?
- Alumni Spotlight: Emily Jerve '00
- First Animal Science Showcase honors Lindemann '77 '81
- Kreeger '88 elected Lifetime Honorary Member of The Wildlife Society
- Rizzo '92 wins 2017 UC Davis Prize for Undergraduate Teaching and Scholarly Achievement
- Datica names Lindbergh '99 Chief Revenue Officer
- LeDee '05 '08 selected by Minnesota Climate Adaptation Partnership to receive an Award for Climate Adaptation
- Baby Gopher: The Dornink Family
- Sjostrom '09 to speak at CFANS Commencement
- Baby Gopher: The Schwab Family
- In Memory of Roy Thompson '51 '57