Alumni and students celebrate 101st Minnesota Royal
The 101st Minnesota Royal took place on St. Paul Campus from April 17-22. Events during the week included skits, quiz bowl, the Royal Run, Johnny Holmes concert, Ag Olympics, and a showmanship contest for both students and alumni to wrap up the week.
Throughout the week, king and queen candidates from participating student organizations participated in various events to earn the king and queen titles. Undergrad students Micah Twedt of Frost and Greta Thormodson of Dalton were the king and queen winners for the 101st year of MN Royal. Alumni dusted off their sheep showmanship skills for an alumni showmanship contest - with Jaclyn Dingels ‘15 (B.S. Animal Science) and Caleb Dressen ‘15 (B.S. Animal Science), emerging victorious. In the student showmanship competition, Scott Dingels of Redwood Falls and Brooke Roberts of Whitelaw, Wisconsin, were the overall professional grand and reserve champion showmen. Mike Slater of Chisago and Jordan Agrimson of Rushford were the overall grand and reserve champion amateur showmen. The champion organization for the entire week, across all events, was Alpha Gamma Rho.
Minnesota Royal is always a fun week that embraces the rich agricultural traditions of the St. Paul campus and creates endless memories. Head to the Minnesota Royal Facebook page for more photos from the event!
- New Bell Museum features bird-safe glass windows
- Shurson '81 takes IAS message to Asia
- Professor David Baumler, the red-hot chili pepper expert
- Former FSCN Department Head Busta '61 receives IFT Myron Solberg Award
- Weiblen earns President's Community-Engaged Scholar Award
- Water Resources Science students and faculty share research progress
- Swanson awarded Nelson Scholarship
- Food Science and Nutrition hosts Entrepreneurship Panel and Research Poster Showcase
- Dairy Product Evaluation Team has strong showing
- CFANS welcomes new head of Entomology
- Ag Awareness Day draws thousands to Northrop Mall
- Alumni and students celebrate 101st Minnesota Royal
- U of M National Agri-Marketing Association Places 4th at National Competition
- FFAers go “All In” on St. Paul campus and beyond
- Registration open for Gopher Dairy Camp
- Did you know?
- Alumni Spotlight: Emily Jerve '00
- First Animal Science Showcase honors Lindemann '77 '81
- Kreeger '88 elected Lifetime Honorary Member of The Wildlife Society
- Rizzo '92 wins 2017 UC Davis Prize for Undergraduate Teaching and Scholarly Achievement
- Datica names Lindbergh '99 Chief Revenue Officer
- LeDee '05 '08 selected by Minnesota Climate Adaptation Partnership to receive an Award for Climate Adaptation
- Baby Gopher: The Dornink Family
- Sjostrom '09 to speak at CFANS Commencement
- Baby Gopher: The Schwab Family
- In Memory of Roy Thompson '51 '57