Lucas Sjostrom '09 '15 named Executive Director of Minnesota Milk Producers Association
Lucas Sjostrom (B.S., M.S. Animal Science ‘09, ‘15) from Brooten, Minnesota has been named executive director of the Minnesota Milk Producers Association, and will serve concurrently as director of industry relations for Midwest Dairy, leading the Minnesota Industry Relations team for the organizations.
The previous Minnesota Milk executive director, Bob Lefebvre, who has 16 years of service to the organization, remains with Midwest Dairy.
Lefebvre continues to serve as Midwest Dairy’s senior vice president of industry relations, but Sjostrom’s appointment will allow Lefebvre to focus on leadership for Midwest Dairy’s work across a 10-state region.
Sjostrom has been employed by Midwest Dairy and Minnesota Milk as government and policy relations program manager since February 2016. He previously worked for Dairy Herd Management and Hoard’s Dairyman magazines, and for Holstein Association USA, and completed his master’s and bachelor’s degrees in animal science at the University of Minnesota.
- Alumni Spotlight: Lars H. Loberg '05
- Harry Kaiser '81 '85 & Robert Myers '86 named 2017 AAEA fellows
- Dana Allen-Tully '96 '01 recognized at Gopher Dairy Club Banquet
- Natural Resources Conservation Services names Brittany Hummel '06 District Conservationist
- Lucas Sjostrom '09 '15 named Executive Director of Minnesota Milk Producers Association
- Mississippi Mushrooms and founder Ian Silver-Ramp '10 featured on WCCO
- Rebecca Leighton '15 starts campus food pantry