Natural Resources Conservation Services names Brittany Hummell '06 District Conservationist
The USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Services has named Brittany Hummel (B.S. National Resources/Environmental Studies and Recreation Resource Management ‘06) district conservationist for Knox and Waldo counties.
Hummel, who has served as a soil conservationist at the NRCS office in Belfast since August 2015, officially began there as district conservationist on Dec. 12, 2016, and now leads the NRCS team serving agricultural producers and private landowners in the two counties.
Hummel grew up in Southwest Minnesota, and developed an enduring fascination with nature that led her toward a career in conservation. Throughout high school, she worked at Pipestone National Monument in Minnesota, where she was instilled with a strong interest and reverence for the natural world
- Alumni Spotlight: Lars H. Loberg '05
- Harry Kaiser '81 '85 & Robert Myers '86 named 2017 AAEA fellows
- Dana Allen-Tully '96 '01 recognized at Gopher Dairy Club Banquet
- Natural Resources Conservation Services names Brittany Hummel '06 District Conservationist
- Lucas Sjostrom '09 '15 named Executive Director of Minnesota Milk Producers Association
- Mississippi Mushrooms and founder Ian Silver-Ramp '10 featured on WCCO
- Rebecca Leighton '15 starts campus food pantry