The monthly alumni trivia question gives alumni and friends an opportunity to test their U of M knowledge. Are you up for the challenge?
March alumni trivia question:
Dr. Anup Kollanoor Johny is an Assistant Professor in Animal Science focusing on poultry interventional microbiology. To ensure microbiologically safe and sustainable poultry production, he focuses on alternative strategies to control food borne illnesses such as Salmonella.
Salmonella, a major cause of foodborne outbreaks in the United States, is estimated to cause an annual economic loss of which dollar amount?
a) $1 billion per year
b $2.6 billion per year
c) $3.9 billion per year
d) $4.4 billion per year
Curious about last month's trivia? Check out February's triva question and answer.
- Alumni Spotlight: Lars H. Loberg '05
- Harry Kaiser '81 '85 & Robert Myers '86 named 2017 AAEA fellows
- Dana Allen-Tully '96 '01 recognized at Gopher Dairy Club Banquet
- Natural Resources Conservation Services names Brittany Hummel '06 District Conservationist
- Lucas Sjostrom '09 '15 named Executive Director of Minnesota Milk Producers Association
- Mississippi Mushrooms and founder Ian Silver-Ramp '10 featured on WCCO
- Rebecca Leighton '15 starts campus food pantry