Scholarship opportunities for incoming and transfer students
The Sororities and Fraternities on St. Paul Campus offer scholarship opportunities for incoming and transfer students at the University of Minnesota. Do you know someone coming to the U next fall? Feel free to send them this information.
Alpha Gamma Rho
Alpha Gamma Rho is a professional/social fraternity for young men with a background and/or interest in agriculture, life sciences, and/or natural resources. To be eligible to apply for one of the Leadership Scholarships, you need to plan to enroll at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities Campus this fall and anticipate majoring in the College of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Sciences, the College of Biological Sciences or intend to pursue a related career. Applicants are also eligible if they come from an agricultural background or have shown leadership in 4-H or FFA. Applicants do not need to plan on being a member of the fraternity to be considered for these scholarships. You can apply at http://agrminnesota.celect.org/scholarship
AGR is offering a total of $6500 worth of scholarships:
- $1000 for Natural Resources-related majors
- $1000 for Food Science and Nutrition-related majors
- $1000 for Biological Science-related majors
- $3500 for all other majors, could include the majors listed above
Beta of Clovia
Beta of Clovia is an academic/social sorority that has been active on the St. Paul Campus of the University of Minnesota for 79 years. Its members are enrolled in a wide variety of major studies from many colleges within the university system, As individuals and as an organization, members are involved in a wide variety of activities that strengthen the ties of their sisterhood and involvement and contributions to our campus and community, including Homecoming, Minnesota Royal, social service projects, exchanges with other fraternities and sororities, University 4-H, and many other campus organizations. Clovia offers many opportunities to meet other students with similar interests and goals.
Beta of Clovia Sorority awards one $500 scholarship to a woman who shows interest in the sorority. Be assured that application for or reception of this scholarship does not constitute a commitment to the organization. Applications must be received by September 13th and should be mailed to 2067 Carter Avenue St. Paul, MN 55108 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. To request an electronic copy of this application please email email@example.com.
Delta Theta Sigma
Delta Theta Sigma is offering academic and housing scholarships for incoming male freshmen or transfer students. The application must be postmarked by April 14, and finalists will be notified by April 17th for the scholarship. Contact Dan Hayes at 507-276-7867 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The men of the Minnesota Chapter of FarmHouse Fraternity are offering scholarships for male high school seniors or transfer students who are planning to attend the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. The scholarships are open to all majors. Each scholarship ranges from $250-$1,000, up to a total of $3,000. The scholarships are awarded based on the individual’s quality of Academic Achievement, Leadership Experience, Athletic Involvement and Career Motivation, not their likelihood to join a fraternity.
The application process is a simple two-step process. You can find the application online at www.minnesotafh.org. When finished, mail or email the application to:
Attn: Trent Dado
1505 N. Cleveland Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108
Application is due April 15th.
Lambda Delta Phi
Lambda Delta Phi is a Greek sorority on the St. Paul campus that promotes sisterhood, academics, and community involvement. The ladies of Lambda Delta Phi are enrolled in a variety of majors, extremely involved in many different campus organizations, and invested in maintaining and promoting academic achievement. Members form friendships with sisters and network with fellow students at the University of Minnesota through Greek events such as Homecoming, Machy Days and philanthropic events; as well as participating in Minnesota Royal, community service projects, and sisterhood events!
Lambda Delta Phi offers one $500 scholarship to a woman who has shown an interest in the sorority. Applicants should know that applying for or receiving our scholarship does not constitute a commitment to the house. The application will be released early this summer, and interviews will take place at the beginning of the fall 2017 semester. Like LDPhi on Facebook and watch the website for the release of the application!
Please contact Brooke Roberts at email@example.com with any questions about Lambda Delta Phi or the scholarship.
- Research Apprenticeship Profile: Hannah Ebersole '19
- President Kaler announces new effort to attract, retain more greater Minnesota students
- CFANS's Classes Without Quizzes shares research with the public
- Cloquet Forestry Center hosts the Board of Regents and President Kaler
- University of Minnesota Pioneer Plant Sciences Symposium turns 10
- Minnesota Livestock Breeders Hall of Fame recipients named
- Minnesota Royal: 101 years of tradition
- Scholarship opportunities for incoming and transfer students
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum wins best botanical garden
- Alumni Spotlight: Brian Huberty '82 '89
- Plant pathology grad student Garrett Beier '08 '13 offered assistant professor position
- Rylee Ahnen '14 accepts consulting position with New Partners
- Margaret Krause ('14) receives 2017 Jeanie Borlaug Laube Women in Triticum Early Career Award
- Lei Wang '16 named finalist in ASN Emerging Leader Competition
- CFANS hosts 127th annual meeting of U of M School of Agriculture