Call for nominations for Alumni Awards and Animal Science Golden Alumni Award
Alumni Society Awards
Nominations due February 6, 2016
CFANS Alumni Society awards recognize graduates, students, faculty, staff, and friends who have made significant contributions to the college, the Alumni Society, their professions or the community. Awards are presented at the annual Borealis Night of Excellence, taking place on Wednesday, April 19, 2017. Save the date!
Eight awards are given annually in the following categories:
- Distinguished Alumni Award
- Alumni Service Award
- Alumni Advocacy Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Distinguished Faculty Award
- Distinguished Staff Award
- Student Leadership Award (for both undergraduate and graduate students)
- Outstanding Friend Award
Department of Animal Science Golden Alumni Award
The Department of Animal Science, College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences at the University of Minnesota is proud to announce a call for nominations for the first annual Golden Alumni Award. The award is intended to recognize and honor an outstanding alumna or alumnus of the Department of Animal Science. The award will be presented during the Department’s annual showcase which highlights the work of our faculty, students, and alumni.
Nominations are invited based on the following:
• One recipient will be chosen annually in February and invited to participate in the Department of Animal Science Showcase event in April. The award includes travel to campus and related expenses.
• Nominees must have received a baccalaureate or graduate degrees from the Department of Animal Science.
• Current staff or faculty in the department or sitting Regents, are not eligible for this award.
• Nominees are chosen based on their demonstrated distinction in their professional lives, recognition for outstanding contributions to animal agriculture and exceptional service to or volunteer activities in their field.
Nominations consist of a letter highlighting the nominee’s accomplishments, a current resume, and two letters of support. Only one nomination from the same source will be accepted in any given year.
Nominations will be accepted at any time, but must be received by February 15, 2017 to be considered for the current year’s award.
Nominations not previously selected will be held for two years. The recipient will be selected by the Communications Committee of the Department of Animal Science.
Please send PDF via email or USPS. Nominations should be sent to:
UMN Department of Animal Science
1364 Eckles Avenue, 305 Haecker Hall
St. Paul, MN 55108