CFANS Alumni & Friends eNews - April 2016
April is a busy time for CFANS students and alumni! Check out all of our unique events below.
- Thursday, April 7 - Pollinator Friendly Gardening: Meet the Author Rhonda Fleming Hayes
- Thursday, April 7 - Webinar: How to Negotiate Your Starting Salary
- Wednesday, April 13 - 2016 Kermit Olson Memorial Lecture
- Friday, April 15 - Climate Smart Agriculture
- Friday, April 15- Plant Seeds to Save the Bees
- Tuesday, April 19 - MN Sparks
- Wednesday, April 20 - Borealis Night of Excellence
- Thursday, April 21 - Webinar: Effectively Connect Across Different Communication Styles
- Friday, April 22 - Earth Day 2016: Getting to the Root of Water Conservation
- Saturday, April 23 - 2016 Urban Waters Forum: Taking Action to Protect Our Lakes and Streams
- Wednesday, April 27 - #UMNCareerChat: Ugh, Networking?! Think of it as Relationship-Building
Over the past 100 years, Minnesota Royal has had some pretty unique events, including: archery contests, canoe races, "animal calling contests" and more! A unique event that will be held for the 100th celebration is the opportunity for alumni to compete in a showmanship contest on April 16th! More...
The 15th annual Classes Without Quizzes program was held Saturday, April 2. Jay Bell, a professor in the Department of Soil, Water and Climate, spoke on the topic of "The 3 Ms of Soils: Minnesota, the Moon and Mars". Participants attended classes with topics including midwestern hops, cows and technology, recreation in Minnesota's North Shore, and so much more! K-6 participants had the opportunity to learn about bees, worms, and raptors. More....