Careers After Graduation
Even after graduation, career assistance is available to you through the Career and Internship Services office, which supports CFANS. See details about their services for alumni.
Request to join the CFANS Linked In group to connect with fellow alumni, hear about job postings, and share opportunities from your own networks. You can also become a member of subgroups such as the Food Science & Nutrition Network or the Water Resources Science Network, among many others!
- Tracy Lundberg: B.S. Agricultural & Food Business Management ('00)
- Founder and Owner, Sconnie Foods
- Richard Barnes: B.S. Agricultural Business Administration ('64); M.A. Public Administration ('69)
- Foreign Affairs, USDA
- Lana Olson: B.S. Animal Science ('08)
- Senior Account Executive, broadhead
- Christian Lilienthal: B.S. Agricultural Education ('09)
- Founder and Zookeeper, Animal Talks!
- Jeffrey Stamp: B.S. Food Science and Technology ('83); Ph.D. Food Science ('90)
- Founder and Chief Storyteller of Bold Thinking, LLC
- Jonathan Shaver: M.S. ('95) and Ph.D. ('97) in Plant Breeding
- Founder of Envision Partners
- Devan Paulus Compart: M.S. ('12) and Ph.D. ('14) Animal Sciences
- Nutrionist, Lincoln Park Zoo
- Joel Karsten: B.S. Horticulture ('91)
- Contract Author with Quartos USA Publishing
- Karl Kjer: Ph.D. Entomology ('92)
- Co-leader of the 1KITE initiative, Professor of Ecology and Evolution at Rutgers University
- Stacey Noble: B.S. Horticulture ('11)
- Burpee Home Gardens Program Representative, Ball Horticultural
- Sara (Heaps) Eugene: B.S. Nutrition ('07)
- Coordinator of Extended School Meals, Minneapolis Public Schools Culinary and Nutrition Services
- Jerry Cegelske: B.S. Wildlife Management ('74)
- Code Enforcement Officer, Ketchikan Gateway Borough, Ketchikan, Alaska
- Randall Peterson: B.S. Agricultural Education, Agricultural Economics, Animal Science ('86), M.A. Educational Psychology ('90)
- Professor, London Business School
- Theresa Twohey: B.S. Agricultural Education - Leadership and Communications ('13)
- Director of Communications and Marketing, Minnesota Pork Producers Association
The National Agricultural Alumni and Development Association (NAADA) maintains an extensive database of job and internship opportunities in the fields of agriculture, natural resources, and environmental and life sciences. Find and post jobs on the NAADA website.
Sample Job Titles
CFANS alumni work in many professions and industries, including agriculture, renewable energy, education, economics, urban forestry, and many more. Below is just a snapshot of CFANS alumni careers:
- Member Services Coordinator, Reuse Alliance, Dayton, Ohio
- Assistant Curriculum Coordinator, National Center for Food Protection and Defense, St. Paul, Minn.
- Raw Material Technologist, Mars Chocolate North America, Hackettstown, New Jersey
- Energy Program Manager, AERO, Helena, Mont.
- Naturalist, Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center, Lanesboro, Minn.
- Assistant to the President, EARTH University, Limon, Costa Rica
- Trail Staff, Wilderness Inquiry, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Marketing Section Supervisor, Minnesota Department of Agriculture, St. Paul, Minn.
- Manager, Feed Labeling, Purina Animal Nutrition, Arden Hills, Minn.
- Intergovernmental Liaison, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Bloomington, Minn.
- Owner and Operator, Cannon Valley Vineyards, Cannon Falls, Minn.
- Director of Student Programs, Science Museum of Minnesota, St. Paul, Minn.
- Manager, Forest Stewardship Council, Aitkin County Soil and Water Conservation District, Aitkin, Minn.
- Product Specialist, Herdstar, LLC, Mankato, Minn.
- Forestry Analyst, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, St. Paul, Minn.
- Program Coordinator, Center for Transportation Studies, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Director of Lending, CHS Capital, Chicago, Ill.
- Executive Director, Minnesota Milk Producers Association, Buffalo, Minn.
- Field Organizer, Minnesota House of Representatives, St. Paul, Minn.
- Head, Science Department, Rayong English Programme School, Bangkok, Thailand
- Owner, deLizious Food Communications, St. Paul, Minn.
- Vice Chair, Minnesota Composting Council, Chanhassen, Minn.
- Owner, Miehlisch Turkey Farms, Lanesboro, Minn.
- Head Brewer, Fulton Brewing Company, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Research Scientist, Carleton College, Northfield, Minn.