Land O'Lakes Scholarships for Transfer Students
The College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS) has a scholarship for transfer students for the 2016-2017 academic year. The application deadline will be August 1, 2016.
$5000 Land O'Lakes Multifunctional Agricultural and Food Systems Scholarships
CFANS is offering up to 6 scholarships worth $5000 each, through the Land O'Lakes Multifunctional Agricultural and Food Systems Scholarship. The scholarship is potentially renewable for a second year, provided recipients participate in the co-curriculum program and maintain a 3.0 GPA.
Participate in a co-curriculum program with Land O'Lakes, Inc., WinField employees and other scholar recipients.
- Research a topic provided by WinField
- Meet with your team and mentor once a month
- Present your findings in March/April to Land O'Lakes Executives
- Late summer – scholarship recipients announced
- November – attend a reception at Land O’Lakes, Inc. Research topic and cohort teams announced at reception; attend Thanksgiving for Scholarships Dinner, meet once with your mentor and co-cohort team
- December – meet once with your mentor and cohort team
- January/February – meet with mentor and cohort team to finalize presentation
- March/April – present findings to Land O’Lakes, Inc. Executives
Time commitment: 10 hours a semester
Past research topic: The potential advancements in aerial technology in the next 5 years as it pertains to agriculture.
This scholarship is open to any student transferring into CFANS for the 2016–2017 academic year who is planning to pursue one of the following majors:
- Agricultural Education
- Agricultural and Food Business Management
- Agricultural Communication and Marketing
- Environmental Science, Policy and Management
- Food Systems
- Plant Science
Ready to apply? Complete the online application by August 1, 2016.
Questions? Contact Holly Klinger, CFANS Scholarship Coordinator, at email@example.com.