Land O'Lakes Scholarships for Transfer Students
The College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS) has a scholarship for transfer students for the 2017-2018 academic year. The application deadline will be August 8, 2017.
$5000 Land O'Lakes Multifunctional Agricultural and Food Systems Scholarships
CFANS is offering up to 6 scholarships worth $5000 each, through the Land O'Lakes Multifunctional Agricultural and Food Systems Scholarship. The scholarship is potentially renewable for a second year.
- Students transferring to CFANS as of Spring 2017 or Fall 2017
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in CFANS in one of the following majors:
- Agricultural Education
- Agricultural and Food Business Management
- Agricultural Communication and Marketing
- Environmental Science, Policy and Management
- Food Systems
- Plant Science
- Recipients must carry and maintain a 3.0 GPA or better to remain eligible
- Preference will be given to applicants with a demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in the agricultural industry by one or more of the following:
- Involvement in agricultural based organizations such as FFA or 4H
- Completion of agricultural related coursework
- Internship experience with an agricultural related organization
- Farming or other agricultural/ food systems field experience
- Priority will be given to students who have not already completed an undergraduate degree
Scholarship Co-curricular Opportunity:
Recipients of this scholarship will be invited to visit the Land O’Lakes headquarters and participate in a co-curriculum program with Land O'Lakes, Inc., WinField employees and other scholarship recipients. Program components:
- Research a topic provided by WinField
- Work with a peer team and mentor
- Present research findings during spring semester to Land O'Lakes executives
Scholarship Co-curricular Project Timeline:
- January - attend a reception at Land O'Lakes; research topics and cohort teams announced at reception
- February - meet with your mentor and cohort team to research issue
- March - meet with mentor and cohort team to finalize presentation
- April – present findings to Land O’Lakes executives, CFANS factuly, and other agriculture community members
Time commitment: 10 hours in spring semester
Ready to apply? Complete the online application by August 8, 2017.
Questions? Contact Holly Klinger, CFANS Scholarship Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.