Research Opportunities and Design Program (ROaD)
The ROaD Program is held every academic year and focuses on preparing students for undergraduate research. The program includes a series of five workshop sessions that walk students through the process of developing a research topic, finding a faculty mentor, writing a research proposal, and finding funding opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to submit you research proposal for funding (up to $1500) and will be eligible for funded conference travel. You will also have the opportunity to meet and network with other students who are interested in undergraduate research!
- Workshop 1: What is Research?
- Workshop 2: Working with faculty
- Workshop 3: Building a research project.
- Workshop 4: Writing a research proposal.
- Benefits of research and how to find a faculty mentor (.pdf)
- Tips for a successful research proposal (.pdf)
Resources - Project and Proposal Ideas
Resources - Research
This program is on hold until further notice.