Resources and Support
Academic Resources and Tools
- One Stop
The main U of M office that provides information about registration, financial aid, tuition and billing, student records (grades and transcripts), academic calendars, graduation, and veterans benefits. One Stop has multiple campus locations that offer walk-in counseling, forms, records reviews, computer access, and more.
- Career and Internship Services
The career office for CFANS students. They offer individualized career counseling, resume critiques, interview coaching, and job and internship search resources.
- Center for Writing
Undergraduate and graduate students can go here to receive writing tutoring. Services are offered online and in person.
- SMART Learning Commons
Provides peer-tutoring in science, math, writing and other subjects. Also provides consultation for media and research projects. Has 3 campus locations, including Magrath Library on the St. Paul campus.
Campus Facilities and Information
- Housing and Dining
- Resources for housing and dining both on and off campus.
- University Libraries
Take advantage of the U of M's many libraries for information, special resources, research, or study spaces.
Student Support and Programs
- Student Counseling Services (SCS)
SCS offers counseling and consultation for mental health and life concerns, challenges related to academics and career paths, and more. SCS has offices on the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses.
- Disability Resource Center
Ensures equal learning and working opportunities for all U of M students with disabilities. (formerly called Disability Services)
- Diversity Programs in CFANS
Programs in the CFANS Office for Diversity and Inclusion facilitate an encouraging and successful learning environment for all students.
- Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life
Provides support on the St. Paul and Minneapolis campus for the University's gay, lesbian, bisexual, queer, transgender, and ally community.
- International Student and Scholar Services
Resources and services for international students and the U of M's international community.
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence (MCAE)
With offices in both St. Paul and Minneapolis, MCAE provides a variety of support to U of M students.
- Student Parent HELP Center
- The Student Parent HELP (Higher Education for Low-Income People) Center offers programs and services that are designed to promote access, retention, and academic success for U of M undergraduates who have children.
- Veterans Services
Provides both online and in-person resources for veterans.
- Women's Center
Provides information on resources, events, scholarships, leadership opportunities, and more.