Students in the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS) are expected to observe the scholastic policies listed below. Additional policy information is published in the University of Minnesota Undergraduate Catalog.
- Academic Probation - Scholastic standing and academic probation information as well as what to do to continue your registration in the college.
- Adding Courses
- Changing Your Advisor - Steps involved in changing your CFANS advisor.
- Changing Your Major - Steps involved in changing you major within the college or within the university.
- Graduation - Deadlines for graduation as well as a summary of how to apply to graduate.
- Petitions - How to file a petition for substitutions, waivers or changes in your degree program.
- Readmission to the College - Reapplying to CFANS after a 2-semester or longer leave of absence without registration.
- Registration Holds - Information on college holds and how to get them cleared for registration.
- Requirements in Experiential Learning (EL) and Interdisciplinary Learning (ID) - As of fall 2013, new CFANS undergraduates are required to do 1 approved experiential-learning activity, and take 1 major-related ID course.
- Repeating Courses - CFANS policy on repeating courses; information about what happens on your transcript
NOTE: If you have policy questions that aren't addressed on this web page, contact CFANS Student Services.