Plants provide many practical and recreational benefits to society, whether it is the food we eat, the parks we play in, or the gardens we admire. The horticultural science minor is geared toward students who want to learn more about plants and their many uses in the landscape.
The horticulture minor requires 18 credits:
- Required Courses - 4 credits
- HORT 1001 (4 cr)
- Horticulture & Elective Courses - 14 credits
- At least 14 credits (6 credits must be taken at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities) from courses with a HORT designator, of which one horticulture-related elective course may be substituted (such as SOILS, ENT, PLPA, etc.). At least two HORT courses must be at the 4XXX or 5XXX level. A maximum of 3 credits of HORT 3090 (Directed Studies) may be applied.
Contact the Minor Coordinator or stop by 305 Alderman Hall if you have any questions.
- Add/Drop a CFANS Minor (CFANS students)
- Add/Drop a CFANS Minor (non-CFANS students only)
- University Catalog