Resources for Graduate Students
The University of Minnesota provides many programs and resources to support its more than 12,000 graduate students. Below are some of the University's many programs.
Policies, Forms and Academic Resources
- International travel policy for graduate students
- OneStop includes information about registration, financial aid, tuition and billing, grades and transcripts, graduation and academic calendars
- Online Writing Center provides tutoring via email, as well as online resources for students and instructors
- Policies and forms for CFANS graduate students, including forms for master's students, forms for doctoral students, student policy guide (.pdf) request a registration exception and the Grad 999 registration policy. (.pdf)
- University Libraries hold 7.1 million volumes
- CFANS Computer Labs
- Laptop checkout
- Software for Students
- Learn more about the University's computer labs and technology
The Office of Housing and Residential Life offers a variety of housing options specifically for graduate students.
- The Council of Graduate Students represents graduate student to the Graduate School and the University community.
- The Graduate and Professional Student Assembly works to ensure the excellence of the graduate and professional student experience.
- The CFANS Office of Diversity and Inclusion builds diversity through programs to create an encouraging and successful learning environment.
- Disability Services ensures equal learning and working opportunities for students with disabilities.
- Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life provides support for the University's gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual and ally community on both the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses.
- The Graduate School offers many services for current graduate students.
- International Student and Scholar Services support the University's international community.
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence (MCAE) provides a variety of programs on both the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses.
- University Counseling and Consulting Services offers counseling, consultation, instruction, and testing services to students on the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses.
Professional and Career Development
- The Graduate School offers many professional development workshops and other resources for graduate students.
- Career and Internship Services offers individualized career counseling, resume and cover letter coaching and other resources for your job search.
- The CFANS Mentor Program matches students with professionals working in their areas of career interest.