Diversity in the Performance Review and Search Process
CFANS is committed to the values of cultural diversity, inclusion, and equity. These values are key to achieving excellence, innovation and a welcoming environment that allows all members of the community to contribute their best effort, talent, and skills.
Below you will find resources for incorporating diversity into performance reviews as well as the search and hiring process.
Performance Review Resources
- Suggestions for integrating diversity and inclusion into performance reviews (.pdf)
- Checklist for performance reviews (.pdf)
- Fostering Diversity Checklist (.pdf)
Checklist for supervisors to consider ways to foster diversity in the performance review process.
- Incorporating Diversity Checklist (.pdf)
Checklist for incorporating diversity into your work.
- The Best Ways To Learn (.pdf)
Considerations when choosing development opportunities for yourself or those you supervise.
Diversity and Equity in the Search Process
Example job descriptions that integrate language about diversity:
- Graduate Program Support Coordinator (.pdf)
- Research Scientist (.pdf)
- Data and Information Systems Developer (.pdf)
- Director of Alumni Relations (.pdf)
- Scholarship Coordinator (.pdf)
- Communications Specialist (.pdf)
Workshop videos: Diversity in the performance review and search process
The CFANS Office for Diversity and Inclusion and CFANS Human Resources partnered with central human resources and the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action to develop a workshop for supervisors to assist in building diversity goals into the performance review process. Below you will find videos and materials from this session.
Video Part 1: https://umconnect.umn.edu/p60267438/
Video 2: https://umconnect.umn.edu/p45665978/
Click the following link to find a pdf document of the slides from this session.