CFANS Strategic Plan
To inspire minds, nourish people, and enhance the natural environment.
To advance Minnesota as a global leader in food, agriculture, and natural resources through extraordinary education, science-based solutions, and dynamic public engagement that nourishes people and enhances the environment in which we live.
- Expand our world-class research and graduate education programs through strategic investment and competitive success
- Transform undergraduate education to prepare students for the future workforce and be a national leader in instructional innovation
- Contemporize the land-grant mission through translational innovation and expanded partnerships with the citizens of Minnesota and beyond
- Increase the college's global presence by leveraging faculty expertise to effectively integrate the academic and cultural experience of our students
- Use our campus living laboratories to provide a unique, top-quality learning experience
- Provide more real-world learning experiences for students, especially undergraduates
- Leverage stakeholder relationships to make the college's influence truly global
- Build on student interest in existing and future majors and minors to increase enrollment
- Explore possibilities for realignment and restructuring in order to operate at top efficiency