CFANS Strategic Plan
To provide extraordinary education, breakthrough research, and dynamic public engagement as we strive to be a world leader in advancing solutions-driven science in food, agricultural and natural resources to improve the human condition.
CFANS plays a lead role in keeping Minnesota competitive and connected as challenges and discoveries abound in genomics, plant and animal biology, the relationship of food to health, the inter-relatedness of ecosystems, renewable energy, the promise of bioinformatics, and the economic, communication, and police issues associated with these discoveries.
Our vision as a college is to solve the most pressing local and global issue: How to provide food, fuel, feed and fiber that is healthy, safe, accessible and sustainable while protecting our natural resources and improving soil, air, and water quality benefiting sustainable communities.
- Expand our world-class research and graduate education programs through strategic investment and competitive success
- Transform undergraduate education to prepare students for the future workforce and be a national leader in instructional innovation
- Contemporize the land-grant mission through translational innovation and expanded partnerships with the citizens of Minnesota and beyond
- Increase the college's global presence by leveraging faculty expertise to effectively integrate the academic and cultural experience of our students
- Use our campus living laboratories to provide a unique, top-quality learning experience
- Provide more real-world learning experiences for students, especially undergraduates
- Leverage stakeholder relationships to make the college's influence truly global
- Build on student interest in existing and future majors and minors to increase enrollment
- Explore possibilities for realignment and restructuring in order to operate at top efficiency