Department Head, Animal Science
Department Head Position Profile
The University of Minnesota is one of the most comprehensive universities in the nation, and ranks among the top universities in the world. Minnesota’s excellence as a public land-grant research university depends crucially on the excellence of CFANS, which enrolls over 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students. The college is home to distinguished faculty and some of the most outstanding graduate programs in the nation and the world.
The mission of the Department of Animal Science is to enhance the productivity and well-being of animals to support a growing world population through education, science, and innovative technology. The Department provides lifelong opportunities for people to learn about animal biology, management systems for domestic animals, and the role of animals in a changing society and seeks new knowledge about biology, production and care of domestic animals. The extension and outreach mission of the Department is to interpret research and provide education for producers and consumers of animal products to improve their economic well being and quality of life.
For more information about the Department of Animal Science, visit www.ansci.umn.edu.
Candidate Seminar Information
Seminars are in Room 365 Haecker
11 a.m. - Noon
45 minute presentation followed by 15 minutes for questions
Jennifer van de Ligt, Ph.D.
Monday, December 18
Michael Schutz, Ph.D.
Wednesday, December 20
Animal Science Department Head Search Committee
- Nancy Ehlke, Search Committee Chair; Professor and Head, Agronomy and Plant Genetics
- Anthony Seykora, Professor – Dairy Cattle Genetics/Youth Programs
- Christopher Faulk, Assistant Professor - Functional Genomics
- Ryan Cox, Associate Professor- Meat Science
- Marcia Endres, Professor – Dairy Cattle Production
- Krishona Martinson, Associate Professor – Equine Specialist/Extension Program Leader
- Lee Johnston, Professor – Swine Nutrition & Management; Director, West Central Research and Outreach Center
- Tom Molitor, Professor – Veterinary Population Medicine
- Melissa Palmer, Teaching Assistant Professor – Animal Physiology
- Allison Berth, Student Services Professional II
- Michaela Trudeau, Graduate Student
- Steve Olson, Minnesota Turkey Growers